Charitable Giving & Community Involvement Guidelines
Effective January 1, 2017
Our Strength is Community
Intrepid Credit Union is committed to actively supporting the communities we serve through financial contributions as well as volunteer services by our team members.
Communities (Field of Membership) currently include Broadwater, Cascade, Deer Lodge, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis and Clark, Powell, Silver Bow, Yellowstone, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Park, Madison, Beaverhead, Ravalli, Granite, Missoula, Lake, Flathead, as well as members of the Montana National Guard, active or retired, employees of the Department of Military Affairs and active non-resident Guard Reserve and members of the Armed Forces stationed in Montana.
Because the requests are so great we now require a completed Donation Request Form. See below.
Special consideration will be given to requests that integrate the following three issues:
- Health and Wellness
- Youth and Education
- Community Relationships and Needs
Donation requests will be considered on an individual basis and weighed against the criteria above. Further evaluation can take into account the following:
- Does the request fit within our covered communities
- Number of recipients impacted
- Advertising vs. donation
- Is the donation staff time or monetary
- Philosophy of recipient must be in harmony with the Credit Union regarding service to the community
- Eligible organizations must be non-profit and designated as tax-exempt under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Corporate contributions to or sponsor of political or partisan organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Religious, ethnic, labor or fraternal groups, unless the event or activity is consistent with the Credit Union philosophy and corporate objectives
- Exclusively tax-supported educational institutions
- Endowments or memorials
- Individual needs, including scholarships and beauty contest candidates
- Membership dues
- Operational support for organizations that are associated with the United Way
- Travel funds for tours, expeditions or trips
- Groups and organizations outside the communities we serve
These guidelines help Intrepid Credit Union and the communities we serve ensure that donations are used in ways that best serve the majority of our membership. These guidelines are not all inclusive and Intrepid Credit Union may make exceptions when considering donations. Donation approval authority shall rest with the CEO, marketing department and/or other designees as assigned.
For strictly advertising requests, please visit the Marketing Department at Intrepid Credit Union Main Branch, 915 Kessler St.
For requests over $1000 please email [email protected]
Complete and Submit a Donation Request Form Below
Please read all Giving Guidelines before submitting a request. All requests for monetary or volunteer charitable donations should be received at least 60 days prior to the scheduled date of the event or due date. Intrepid Credit Union reserves the right to handle each donation request on a case-by-case basis. Many factors are included in the evaluation of these requests. Incomplete requests with less than proper notification may not be considered. If more information beyond the completed request is needed, a representative of Intrepid Credit Union will contact the organization. Intrepid Credit Union will make every effort to process your request in a timely manner. A decision to deny a request does not imply that the applicant's program is not needed or worthy, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines, priorities, or that funds are not available.