Join our team.
Intrepid Credit Union was voted Best Credit Union in Helena in 2017 and 2018! If the Helena community feels that way about Intrepid Credit Union, imagine what it’s like to work here! We believe in supporting our employees through training, mentoring, and providing opportunities for growth and enrichment. We believe in offering our extensive membership the best and most innovative financial products and services and the highest quality service available. We believe that making our community a wonderful place to live, work, and play makes our organization stronger. That’s why Intrepid Credit Union joyfully partners to support the communities we serve through all aspects of our organization. We participate in local initiatives that help make our communities a better/safer place to live; make direct monetary contributions; volunteer time, talent and support by participating in community projects; and provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
Some of our community involvement includes:
- Sponsorship of the Symphony Under the Stars, Prickly Pear Land Trust’s “Don’t Fence Me In” trail run, and a fellowship at the Holter Museum of Art;
- Volunteering talent for Nami Walk, Empty Bowls, the Humane Society’s Spay-ghetti Dinner and the Governor’s Cup;
- And volunteering at dozens of non-profits that serve our communities!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great work environment – training, mentoring, and opportunities for growth.
- Competitive compensation.
- Employer paid benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, HSA contribution, paid-time-off, and 401k retirement plan (with employer match).
- Generous Profit-Sharing retirement contribution
Apply Today! To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
Member Services Associate (Teller) - Helena
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and cash totals. Answers Member’s questions regarding Credit Union services provided and perform a variety of account maintenance activities. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. This position requires excellent public relations skills as well as an understanding of teller functions. Timeliness, efficiency and accuracy, as well as professionalism, are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills and flexibility, including the ability to effectively analyze Member needs and assist them or obtain appropriate assistance for them.
- Good math skills required, with the ability to 10 key on adding machine or computer.
- Must have good typing skills and the ability to operate business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, telephone, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, computers and printers.
- Demonstrated skill in use of computers.
- Positive approach in interactions with members and team members.
- Reliable attendance.
- Prior teller experience (preferred).
- Prior credit union experience (preferred).
- Symitar systems (CruiseNet, Episys, PowerOn, Symitar EASE) experience (preferred).
- AA/BA/BS Degree (preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cash-handling experience.
- Previous experience selling products and services.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: Must be available to work 7 – 8 hour shifts, Monday – Friday / 7:15 am – 5:45 pm
- Rate of Pay: Competitive with the market and professional work environment.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
- Required Materials: Cover Letter, Resume, and three professional references
To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.