Join our team.
Intrepid Credit Union was voted Best Credit Union in Helena in 2017 and 2018! If the Helena community feels that way about Intrepid Credit Union, imagine what it’s like to work here! We believe in supporting our employees through training, mentoring, and providing opportunities for growth and enrichment. We believe in offering our extensive membership the best and most innovative financial products and services and the highest quality service available. We believe that making our community a wonderful place to live, work, and play makes our organization stronger. That’s why Intrepid Credit Union joyfully partners to support the communities we serve through all aspects of our organization. We participate in local initiatives that help make our communities a better/safer place to live; make direct monetary contributions; volunteer time, talent and support by participating in community projects; and provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
Some of our community involvement includes:
- Sponsorship of the Symphony Under the Stars, Prickly Pear Land Trust’s “Don’t Fence Me In” trail run, and a fellowship at the Holter Museum of Art;
- Volunteering talent for Nami Walk, Empty Bowls, the Humane Society’s Spay-ghetti Dinner and the Governor’s Cup;
- And volunteering at dozens of non-profits that serve our communities!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great work environment – training, mentoring, and opportunities for growth.
- Competitive compensation.
- Employer paid benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, HSA contribution, paid-time-off, and 401k retirement plan (with employer match).
- Generous Profit-Sharing retirement contribution
Apply Today! To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lending Specialist - Helena
Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services, including accepting incoming consumer loan applications through walk-in, online, inbound and outbound calls; signing and funding approved applications, opening and closing of accounts including CDs and IRAs, assisting members with questions, and cross-sells appropriate Credit Union products and services. Is regularly the primary contact for many members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and professionally cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
- Promotes a team atmosphere within the Credit Union and functional area. Attends meetings as required.
- Delivers exceptional member service.
- Responsible for the effective and professional performance of the functions described below:
- Receives members personally or by telephone and resolves member requests and questions promptly and courteously; performs interviews with members to either directly assist, or determine most appropriate route of assistance for the member or potential member;
- Conducts outbound calls to members to grow business and promote products and services while maintaining the highest ethical standards and always working in our member and credit unions best interest.
- Gathers basic loan and financial information; presenting and explaining Credit Union services and products to members and potential members; provides basic financial counseling and assists in guiding them to the proper resources to meet their financial needs;
- Interviews and assists members with accurate and complete applications for loans and other products and services. Receives, reviews and processes appropriate loan paperwork. Determines appropriate loan alternatives according to the needs and abilities of the Member;
- Receives, reviews and submits applications to underwriter;
- Calculates terms, finance charges, insurance premiums, etc. on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes;
- Disburses loans promptly and accurately, and assists in the maintenance of loan accounts
(loading data, etc.);
- Opens and closes all account types and continuously works with the maintenance of such accounts; performs file maintenance on all types of accounts;
- Ensures that service requests and interview information is properly documented and that services are provided in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are in compliance with all applicable legal regulations;
- Assists with maintaining CD and IRA accounts and answers members IRA and CD questions;
- Complies with BSA and other applicable laws, rules and regulations; submits CTRs, SARs and makes other reports as required and appropriate.
- Experience reading credit bureau information.
- Good math, organizational, business writing skills, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to type and operate general office equipment and computer software required.
- General knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Prior experience conducting customer needs analysis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one-year similar customer service-type experience in the financial industry required.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills required.
- Prior experience completing loan and other financial product applications, and gathering financial background information.
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial institutions, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and anti-terrorism laws.
- Effectively interview members and prospective members, analyze situations and data and direct member toward the most appropriate product.
- Multi-task and self-start ability to make outbound calls and work towards production goals.
- Experience as a member service representative and/or lending-related function in a financial institution.
- Notary Public.
- Prior experience with Epysis core system.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, keyboard use, telephone use.
- Requires movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas or documenting others expression of ideas.
- Occasionally required to move records or stacks of papers from one point to another within the office area, requiring possible lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Infrequent Saturdays.
- Is required to attend meetings outside of regular work hours.
Member Services Associate (Teller) - Helena
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and cash totals. Answers Member’s questions regarding Credit Union services provided and perform a variety of account maintenance activities. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. This position requires excellent public relations skills as well as an understanding of teller functions. Timeliness, efficiency and accuracy, as well as professionalism, are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills and flexibility, including the ability to effectively analyze Member needs and assist them or obtain appropriate assistance for them.
- Good math skills required, with the ability to 10 key on adding machine or computer.
- Must have good typing skills and the ability to operate business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, telephone, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, computers and printers.
- Demonstrated skill in use of computers.
- Positive approach in interactions with members and team members.
- Reliable attendance.
- Prior teller experience (preferred).
- Prior credit union experience (preferred).
- Symitar systems (CruiseNet, Episys, PowerOn, Symitar EASE) experience (preferred).
- AA/BA/BS Degree (preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cash-handling experience.
- Previous experience selling products and services.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: Must be available to work 7 – 8 hour shifts, Monday – Friday / 7:15 am – 5:45 pm
- Rate of Pay: Competitive with the market and professional work environment.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
- Required Materials: Cover Letter, Resume, and three professional references
To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com.
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.