Join our team.
Intrepid Credit Union was voted Best Credit Union in Helena in 2017, 2018 and 2019! If the Helena community feels that way about Intrepid Credit Union, imagine what it’s like to work here! We believe in supporting our employees through training, mentoring, and providing opportunities for growth and enrichment. We believe in offering our extensive membership the best and most innovative financial products and services and the highest quality service available. We believe that making our community a wonderful place to live, work, and play makes our organization stronger. That’s why Intrepid Credit Union joyfully partners to support the communities we serve through all aspects of our organization. We participate in local initiatives that help make our communities a better/safer place to live; make direct monetary contributions; volunteer time, talent and support by participating in community projects; and provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
Some of our community involvement includes:
- Sponsorship of the Symphony Under the Stars, Prickly Pear Land Trust’s “Don’t Fence Me In” trail run, and a fellowship at the Holter Museum of Art;
- Volunteering talent for Nami Walk, Empty Bowls, the Humane Society’s Spay-ghetti Dinner and the Governor’s Cup;
- And volunteering at dozens of non-profits that serve our communities!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great work environment – training, mentoring, and opportunities for growth.
- Competitive compensation.
- Employer paid benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, HSA contribution, paid-time-off, and 401k retirement plan (with employer match).
- Generous Profit-Sharing retirement contribution
Apply Today! To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
We are recruiting applicants that are interested in joining our loan coordinating team. This position is responsible for supporting our Lending Department with processing loan files. This includes but is not limited to auditing and filing loan documents, reviewing title work, securing and releasing lien perfections, and monitoring the Credit Union’s collateral protection insurance program.
- Employment Status: Full-Time.
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt.
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), profit sharing plan, and supplemental insurance available.
- Pre-employment background check required.
- Requirements/Licenses: Valid state driver’s license.
- Primarily responsible for support of lending staff including, but not limited to:
- Reviews all loan files after the loan has been processed for proper documentation, VIN errors, and signatures. Assists Lending staff with corrections of errors.
- Reviews title work and lien filings for errors and to ensure the Credit Union will be able to secure interests in collateral.
- Submits all title work, lien filings, and UCC’s to appropriate state or county daily.
- Monitors pending title work files to ensure title work has been completed.
- Releases liens on collateral as loans are paid off.
- Responds to staff and member inquiries of pending title work and CPI. Researches and works to resolve issues so members may register collateral and the Credit Union may secure interests in an appropriate time frame.
- Sends notices as appropriate to members with long term pending title issues.
- Keeps Lending Quality Manager apprised of all activities in relation to loan file errors and title issues.
- Maintains file room, files and performs filing of member data.
- Uploads insurance notices as received to the Credit Unions CPI carrier for tracking.
- Reviewing and posting CPI charges and refunds weekly. Researching for any information that may resolve insurance matters for our members such as previous agent information, misfiled insurance notices, etc.
- Calculating and adjusting member payments appropriately once charges and refunds are processed.
- Frequently verifying data as needed with the Credit Unions CPI carrier so collateral is track appropriately.
- Sends notices to members of charges and refunds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 12 months experience in the financial industry or similar title work experience.
- Math skills required to appropriately calculate CPI charges and refunds as well as any payment changes to members loans.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail required to ensure proper, accurate and timely recording, filing and dissemination of information.
- Good communication skills required. Must possess adequate maturity to effectively and appropriately handle negative or emotionally charged situations.
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial institutions, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and anti-terrorism laws.
- Must have or be able to develop within 90 days, extensive knowledge of Credit Union products and services, operations and procedures to function effectively.
- Must have the ability to type and operate general office equipment and computer software.
- Requires familiarity with and the ability to use software systems including Outlook, Instant Message, Word, and Excel. Must be able to develop adequate skill level within 90 days on additional software programs such as the Credit Unions internal operating software system, Episys.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Six months with similar title work or loan file experience.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, keyboard use, telephone use.
- Requires movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas or documenting others expression of ideas.
- Occasionally required to move records or stacks of papers from one point to another within the office area, requiring possible lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Requires frequent use of the telephone, which requires the perception of sounds with no more than 20 db loss @500hz, 1000hxz, and 2000hz with or without correction.
- May be required to attend meetings outside regular business hours.
- Occasional outside travel may be required to deliver documents to the state and county buildings.
At Intrepid Credit Union we deliver solutions that inspire success, crafted for this place and the people we share it with. We live Life Wide Open and create opportunity for our members to live their lives to the fullest - with our guidance and support. Our core values of respect, trust, integrity, empathy and service guide our interactions with each other as employees and our interactions with our members.
We are looking to add tellers to our team at our Helena branches. This vital member of our team would be responsible for providing a variety of service tasks for our members including answering member questions, assisting with transactions that include processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Tellers are responsible for working with our members and answering their questions regarding our services provided and account maintenance activities. This position provides the opportunity to utilize your excellent public relations skills, timeliness, efficiency, accuracy and professionalism in an environment where we work together for a common purpose to lend a hand and be neighbors helping neighbors.
If you want to uncover opportunities to make a difference apply today by providing your cover letter, resume and three professional references!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Teller: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Every other week
- Team Lead
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.