Join our team.
We've been here to serve our members since 1936. But our most important asset is our team of fun, outstanding professionals. Please consider joining us if our Mission speaks to you!
Provide for today. Protect for tomorrow.
One person, one family, one community at a time.
We promise to:
- Simplify your life.
- Always work in your best interest.
- Provide options to help you achieve financial success.
- Deliver a prompt, consistent, and positive experience.
- Manage operational accounting functions to include ACH, plastic card, overdraft program, IRA’s, payroll, AP/AR, fixed asset management, cost management, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Reconcile revenue reports, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statement. Prepare or assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Lead, supervise and maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff through regular performance feedback, challenging projects and resolving employee conflicts.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
- Monitor cost control activities. Approve and implement cost control strategies on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management,
and forecasting reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to senior management and the
Board of Directors.
- Responsible for preparation of budgets and periodic analysis of budget variance.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new
developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union
- Works collaboratively with internal auditor to resolve audit findings.
- Coordinate corporate regulatory reporting and interface with internal/external auditors and
- Coordinates the credit unions Vendor Management and Enterprise Risk Management programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, at least five to ten years similar or related accounting department leadership experience. Candidates with Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Five to ten years supervisory/managerial experience supervising, coordinating and reviewing the work of assigned staff of a subordinate group of up to 10 employees.
- Experience recommending candidates for employment, conducting performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff, and applied company policy.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Able to think within the policies and goals for a specific department or operating entity.
- Able to interpret specific policies, laws, and theories.
- Able to make operational decisions within department.
- Able to problem solve problems using analytical interpretation, evaluation and/or constructive thinking.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software. Advanced understanding of accounting procedures.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Symitar experience preferred.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, typing.
Requires normal movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas of documenting others expression of ideas.
- May occasionally be required to attend meetings or perform work related functions outside of regular business hours.
- Periodic exposure to outside elements via travel to other offices.
- Position involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of
force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
- Position involves sitting most of the time, interspersed with standing and walking.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer
paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with generous employer match), and supplemental
- insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable.
- Pre-employment criminal background check required.
- Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume, Three Professional References
Call Center Specialist
Responsible for performing telephone answering on multi-line phone system, welcoming, answering and assisting and/or directing incoming calls to the most appropriate source for assistance; also performing general clerical tasks, many member service related requests, research and issues, including packet preparation and supply, distribution of brochures, etc.; may be assigned other general support functions such as distribution of automatic checks, print mailers, member activity reports, Reception desk coverage, and other support functions as necessary.
- Performs primary telephone answering, assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all phone answering functions, including:
- utilizes multi-line phone system to its maximum capacity to ensure prompt, courteous response to people calling the Credit Union;
- evaluates need of the caller and handles call if possible, assisting with member needs, such as check hold or balance questions, maintenance of stop pays, payroll distributions, direct deposit,
maintenance of debit and ATM cards, check orders; assists with CDs and CD redemption, assists members with completion of on-line applications, loan maintenance activities, member service requests for research and related issues, verifications of deposit, fund transfers, explanation of fees;
- must be able to articulate to members the benefits and features of our products and services; o if unable to directly answer the member’s question, routes call to most appropriate party for
- monitors routed calls for returns, and paging, re-directing or taking messages as appropriate if
needed party is unavailable.
- Performs other support functions including but not limited to:
- performs problem resolution, training and recommendations for enhancements to phone
system as needed;
- Assists with my card rules, digital wallets, and mobile banking.
- Assist members with general computer issues such as navigating around a browser, deleting
browser history and cookies
- Perform various printing tasks daily, including mailers, loan coupons, and delinquency mailers, loan
disbursement report tracking, miscellaneous reports as well as new member letters with cards and
VISA letters with disclosures.
- Develop and continuously enhance working knowledge of credit union history, philosophy,
organization, operational procedures and products in order to be efficient in answering phone
questions and walk in questions.
- Performs all tasks while striving to maintain the highest ethical standards, including, but not limited to support of credit union policies and procedures; complies with all laws, rules and regulations, including full compliance with the BSA and related laws; assisting members in obtaining the most appropriate source of help to meet their needs; effective and timely performance of job tasks to the end that a high level of member service is maintained at all times; avoidance of situations that may place members and/or employees at risk, and avoidance or disclosure of relationships that may give the appearance of inappropriateness or represent a possible or perceived conflict of interest or compromise the values of the credit union.
- Performs all functions in the safest manner possible and according to Credit Union procedure, assuring the safety of other employees and members. Works toward resolution of safety issues, injuries or potential problems and reports such to the most appropriate source for resolution. Encourages and supports members and staff to perform tasks safely and reports such to the appropriate supervisor for further action as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Prior similar experience may be considered at the discretion of management. A relevant combination of training and experience may be accepted at Management’s discretion.
- Excellent communication skills required, with the ability to effectively screen potentially unclear calls and obtain the appropriate level of assistance required by the incoming call or party.
- Must exhibit pleasant telephone voice, etiquette and demeanor at all times.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly gain knowledge of Credit Union
products and services within 90 days after hire.
- Must be extremely organized, with the ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to operate general office equipment and computer software
- Good judgement and intuition around group dynamics and the impact of words and actions on
- Self-starter that is unselfishly motivated and demonstrates initiative to meet business/department
- A commitment to doing a job well and occasionally go above and beyond.
- Able to embrace contributions of others and emphasize the HCCU team over self.
- Prior credit union/banking experience.
- Experience with Symitar and/or Episys.
- Employment Status: Full-Time, Hourly
- Exemption Status: non-exempt
- Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 4:15 pm, or 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off,
retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
- Required Materials: Cover Letter and Resume
Member Services Associate (Teller)
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and cash totals. Answers Member’s questions regarding Credit Union services provided and perform a variety of account maintenance activities. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. This position requires excellent public relations skills as well as an understanding of teller functions. Timeliness, efficiency and accuracy, as well as professionalism, are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills and flexibility, including the ability to effectively analyze Member needs and assist them or obtain appropriate assistance for them.
- Good math skills required, with the ability to 10 key on adding machine or computer.
- Must have good typing skills and the ability to operate business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, telephone, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, computers and printers.
- Demonstrated skill in use of computers.
- Positive approach in interactions with members and team members.
- Reliable attendance.
- Prior teller experience (preferred).
- Prior credit union experience (preferred).
- Symitar systems (CruiseNet, Episys, PowerOn, Symitar EASE) experience (preferred).
- AA/BA/BS Degree (preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cash-handling experience.
- Previous experience selling products and services.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: Must be available to work 7 – 8 hour shifts, Monday – Friday / 7:15 am – 5:45 pm
- Rate of Pay: Competitive with the market and professional work environment.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
- Required Materials: Cover Letter, Resume, and three professional references
To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements), completed application, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume, completed application, and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.