Join our team.
Intrepid Credit Union was voted Best Credit Union in Helena in 2017, 2018 and 2019! If the Helena community feels that way about Intrepid Credit Union, imagine what it’s like to work here! We believe in supporting our employees through training, mentoring, and providing opportunities for growth and enrichment. We believe in offering our extensive membership the best and most innovative financial products and services and the highest quality service available. We believe that making our community a wonderful place to live, work, and play makes our organization stronger. That’s why Intrepid Credit Union joyfully partners to support the communities we serve through all aspects of our organization. We participate in local initiatives that help make our communities a better/safer place to live; make direct monetary contributions; volunteer time, talent and support by participating in community projects; and provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
Some of our community involvement includes:
- Sponsorship of the Symphony Under the Stars, Prickly Pear Land Trust’s “Don’t Fence Me In” trail run, and a fellowship at the Holter Museum of Art;
- Volunteering talent for Nami Walk, Empty Bowls, the Humane Society’s Spay-ghetti Dinner and the Governor’s Cup;
- And volunteering at dozens of non-profits that serve our communities!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great work environment – training, mentoring, and opportunities for growth.
- Competitive compensation.
- Employer paid benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, HSA contribution, paid-time-off, and 401k retirement plan (with employer match).
- Generous Profit-Sharing retirement contribution
Apply Today! To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
At Intrepid Credit Union we deliver solutions that inspire success, crafted for this place and the people we share it with. We live Life Wide Open and create opportunity for our members to live their lives to the fullest - with our guidance and support. Our core values of respect, trust, integrity, empathy and service guide our interactions with each other as employees and our interactions with our members.
We are looking to add tellers to our team at our Helena branches. This vital member of our team would be responsible for providing a variety of service tasks for our members including answering member questions, assisting with transactions that include processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Tellers are responsible for working with our members and answering their questions regarding our services provided and account maintenance activities. This position provides the opportunity to utilize your excellent public relations skills, timeliness, efficiency, accuracy and professionalism in an environment where we work together for a common purpose to lend a hand and be neighbors helping neighbors.
If you want to uncover opportunities to make a difference apply today by providing your cover letter, resume and three professional references!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Teller: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Every other week
- Team Lead
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Teller - Bozeman
INTREPID CREDIT UNION DESCRIPTION:
Intrepid Credit Union is opening a branch location in Bozeman, Montana. We are recruiting for qualified applicants to be part of our Bozeman Team. This is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting new chapter with a Credit Union that will make a difference in the Bozeman community. We joyfully partner to support the community we serve through all aspects of our organization. We participate in local initiatives that help make the community a better/safer place to live; make direct monetary contributions and volunteer time, talent and support by participating in community projects. Intrepid Credit Union is distinct in many ways:
- We are Not-For-Profit
- Our Members are Owners
- Our Board of Directors are volunteers
- We provide financial education for our Members
- Our social purpose is People helping People.
To learn more about Intrepid Credit Union, please visit our website at intrepidcu.org.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great work environment, it’s a cliché but true at Intrepid Credit Union.
- Extensive employee training program.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Employer paid benefits.
- Generous Profit Sharing retirement contribution.
- Employees also participate in excellent Benefits including: medical, dental, vision and a robust 401k retirement plan.
Responsible for providing a variety of member service tasks including greeting members, answers member questions regarding Credit Union services, and performs a variety of account maintenance activities. Opens new accounts and processes new and renewing CD’s. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services, assists members, and directs incoming calls and walk-ins to the most appropriate source for assistance; performs basic member service functions such as counter checks, statement requests, name & address changes, account ownership changes, CAPS, PIN changes, ATM card limit changes, assisting with basic account questions, and transfers. Plays an important role in the teamwork of the Credit Union and serves members promptly and professionally. Paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, teller checks and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and cash totals. This position requires excellent public relations skills as well as an understanding of teller and account representative functions. Timeliness, efficiency and accuracy, as well as professionalism, are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess adequate maturity level to effectively handle large transactions.
- At least one year prior Teller/account representative or similar experience required.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail required ensuring proper, accurate and timely recording, filing and dissemination of information.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills and flexibility, including the ability to effectively analyze Member needs and assist them or obtain appropriate assistance for them.
- Good math skills required.
- Must have good typing skills and the ability to operate business equipment including telephone, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, computers and printers. Familiarity with and the ability to use Windows-based systems, Word and the Credit Union’s core operating system.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly gain complete knowledge of Credit Union products and services.
- After hire or movement into this position, incumbent will complete all required educational items as outlined in credit union procedures and within required timelines. Education on equivalent topics received through other mediums may be accepted at management’s discretion.
- Good attention to detail required for proper processing of job tasks, and to effectively screen member needs over the phone or in person with minimal supervision.
- Strong member service skills required.
- Must have or develop knowledge of and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial services, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and related laws.
- Requires the ability to adequately perform various teller activities, including cash and check handling, balancing, location and correction of offages, member account maintenance, etc. After hire, while functioning as a MSR, all are expected to:
- maintain drawer balances and cash offages at acceptable level per offage/error procedure;
- Adequately assist in areas of responsibility;
- continuously increase product knowledge; and
- Successfully pass educational requirements as outlined in the competencies required for the position.
• Self-starter that is unselfishly motivated and demonstrates initiative to meet business/department needs.
• A commitment to doing a job well and occasionally go above and beyond.
• Able to embrace contributions of others and emphasize the Intrepid Credit Union team over self.
- Employment Status: Full-Time, Hourly
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday. Initial out of town travel for training with infrequent out of town travel after training for meetings.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision (employer paid portion), STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
HOW TO APPLY:
To learn more about additional employment opportunities with Intrepid Credit Union, please visit our website at intrepidcu.org/about-us/careers.
To apply for this opportunity please email a resume and three professional references to [email protected]. Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To apply for any of these opportunities, please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected].
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
Intrepid Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrepid Credit Union will not refuse employment to a person or bar a person from employment or discriminate against a person in a term, condition, or privilege of employment because of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or sex except when the reasonable demands of the position require an age, physical or mental disability, marital status or sex distinction.